Download Current Recipe as PDF
Revel in the chilly evenings with fast and scrumptious recipes that make the ultimate weeknight bite a wonder. Fall’s crisp, tart and sweet apple varieties make any salad or side dish that much more enticing. So make Dracula envious and come take a bite out of this Autumn salad: Caramelized Apple, Endive, Grape, Gorgonzola Salad. For more yum, giveaways and our food philosophy, be sure to submit your email for our Seasonal Newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. PS We truly get a kick out of your favorite food pic moments with friends and family! Remember to share that love and post pics with hashtag #DontWorryEatHappy.
CARAMELIZED APPLE, ENDIVE, GRAPE AND GORGONZOLA SALAD
- 2 plump endive, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 Fuji apple, cut into quarters, core removed
- 1½ Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 grape clusters
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Over low heat in a skillet melt butter. Place endive into skillet cut side down. Place apples in skillet skin side up. Add grapes. Add rosemary sprigs. Cook uncovered 15-20 minutes. Gently turn caramelized endives and browned apples and grapes with tongs. Baste with juices in pan and simmer another 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer into a large serving platter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle crumbled Gorgonzola cheese on top. Spoon pan juices over salad. Serve immediately. Serves 4.