EXPRESS LOVE FOR MOM WITH FOOD
Download Current Recipe as PDF
Show mom just how much you love her with this DIY heart-healthy brekkie in bed! If she prefers a little more pizzazz, check out our Couture Floral Ice Cubes, a Lip-Smacking Smoothie or Vegetarian Frittata. For more yum, giveaways and our food philosophy, be sure to sign up for our Seasonal Newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. PS We truly get a kick out of your favorite food pic moments with friends and family! Remember to share that love and post pics with hashtag #DontWorryEatHappy.
EGG AND AVOCADO MASH LOVE TOAST
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 slice 7-grain bread or sprouted wheat, lightly toasted
- 1 heart shaped cookie cutter
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Dash of ground red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Edible flowers
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small nonstick pan. Gently crack egg over pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until egg is done sunny-side up. Set aside.
- Scoop out half a ripened avocado over a bowl. Mash avocado with fresh lime juice, ground red pepper flakes. Season to taste with Sea salt and ground pepper.
- Lightly toast bread. Remove and using cookie cutter, cut out heart from center of toast. Place heart on a plate.
- Spread avocado mash on toast.
- Remove excess cooked whites from egg so it fits nicely on heart toast. Top with trimmed sunny-side up egg.
- Option to adorn with edible flowers (organic: orchids, nasturtiums, pansies or snapdragons) or sprinkle with fresh chopped chives or cilantro. Makes 1.