EARTH DAY SNACK IDEAS FOR KIDS & ADULTS ALIKE!
Download Current Recipe as PDF
Perfect for a sun-filled day at the park or in the garden, you will feel AWESOME (!) with these delicious grab-and-go Earth Day snack and smoothie recipes.
Cherries, packed with the antioxidants C + E which help support the immune system and fight disease, also have potent anti-inflammatory compounds so they are perfect to help ease inflammation from outdoor sports. Cherries are also rich in melatonin which have a calming effect on the nervous system. Kefir, a tart tasting Superfood milk product much like yogurt, boasts all these health benefits:
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Helps balance your gut flora.
- Helpful for lactose intolerant people.
- Drastically improves digestion.
- Most importantly, it tastes AMAZING!
Coconut kefir wonderfully blends with cherries and raspberries to add a tart taste to this irresistible smoothie snack. YUM!
LIP-SMACKING CHERRY-RASPBERRY COCONUT SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup pitted cherries, frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups Kefir coconut milk, or swap with (coconut water, almond milk, cashew milk, natural Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbs agave honey
- 1 Tbs goji berry
- 1 Tbs chia seed or flax seed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or Vitamix on high speed. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a to-go cup, add a colorful straw, and enjoy.